Friday, February 27, 2009

A Friday Roundup

Hi friends. It's been a long week for me. Has it been a long week for you? I have been surviving on leftovers and bowls full of weird combinations of stuff all week, and so I don't have any recipes to share with you, but I did want to point out a couple of things that have been amusing me this week.

This New York Times article on paranoia in kids with respect to food being either "good" or "bad" for your health raises an interesting question. How far do you go when trying to teach kids about healthy eating? Even as a grown-up (well, sort of, anyway) it can be difficult to figure out exactly what moderation means, it must be extremely difficult for kids who get different messages from their parents, teachers and friends and have very little control over what food is available to them.

Speaking of available food, aren't you glad you're not a cave man? The Economist explores the idea that cooking is what makes us human. Whoa. (Thanks, Tyler, for sending this!)

And on a lighter note, Under the High Chair's post on what to expect when dining with a food blogger has cracked me up at least four times this week. It's not entirely true of me, per se, but I'm still sort of new to this... let's give it time, shall we?

Enjoy your weekends everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Finally, an expert agrees that humanity is all about food and cooking. I have been vindicated.

    ReplyDelete