Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Sushi Salad



No, this salad is not a pile of raw fish on a plate. I'm just messing with leftovers again. Adam made maki (rolled sushi) on Monday - nothing too intense, just nori (seaweed), sushi rice and vegetables. And a little crab. I said "Hey, why don't you get some Krab! We have avocados. We'll make California rolls." And he came home with one actual king crab leg.  Which is awesome because even though Krab is standard in Cali rolls and even sort of ok for things like seafood salad, real king crab is AWESOME with capital letters. I harvested the crab meat and prepped the vegetables, he made the rice and rolled the maki. We ate it in front of House and it was delicious.

But then we had leftover vegetables. And leftover rice. And leftover crab and leftover nori and more of that Genji Ginger Miso dressing I'm so completely enamored with.



So I chopped everything up. I tossed the cucumbers, carrots, scallions and rice with some baby arugula (I really wanted bok choy or napa cabbage but the bok choy at the store was rubbery like pencil erasers and the napa cabbage was yellow, limp and sad) and some of the dressing, and topped the whole thing with sliced nori, crab, avocado and some chopped cashews for crunch. I beg of you, dear Japanese friends, to forgive me: I call it sushi salad.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds good to me! I love this kind of meal in a bowl. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that sounds absolutely delicious! i've never had to deal with a crab leg before... i usually stick to it in cake form ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'd like the salad even better than the sushi! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. *shrug* Sounds pretty good to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey, i see you saw that you won a copy of SO EASY on my blog. i tried emailing you about an address but never heard me back. email me at justin@justinschwartz.com with your info where you can get a UPS package. -- Justin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great save! I love all of these ingridents and particularly love the fact that this recipe won't hurt the waistline! Thanks for sharing your recipe! Gorgeous photos as well!

    ReplyDelete