Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Momofuku Steamed Buns

Momofuku Steamed Buns

Monday evening my friend Jeremy came over (hi, Jer!) and we finally embarked on a cooking project we'd been talking about for, oh, about two years. Jeremy brought some pork belly he brined for a couple of days and cooked Monday morning. I mixed up a strange but pleasant dough that included both yeast and chemical leaveners. We made super quick pickles and minced some scallions. We set up a steaming rig in a roasting pan with some canning rings, and we steamed almost 50 buns. Filled with sliced pork (we also made a couple with chicken), pickles and scallions a good schmear of hoisin sauce, the buns were so good I didn't even want to focus the camera because I wanted to get back to eating.

1 comment:

  1. Did the two of you eat all 50? I have a problem w the Momofuku buns. As in, I could eat my body weight in them.

    ReplyDelete