Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Whole 30 day 30

Oh man, I had a whole post written two days ago but had to restart my computer and lost it. Anyway, let's recap meals: 

Saturday – day 27
B: rrp omelet, turkey sausage, avocado, home fries w mustard
S: cashew lara bar at the indoor playground with fam
L: tuna salad on greens, sweet potato chips, deviled eggs at a toddler bday party
D: whole roasted cauliflower and salmon veracruzana - so delicious! I mostly made up the recipe – one bell pepper, two zucchini, one onion, satueed, two small cans diced tomatoes, all stewed together. I left this on the (turned off!) stove while we went to the toddler party and when we got home, I heated it back up, added a bunch of green olives, and the last 2 costco salmon filets that I had defrosted, cut into chunks. It was really delicious! Somehow I ended up just feeding myself so we had the leftovers for lunch the next day – kiddo tried the salmon but fished all the olives out and asked for “mow aw-bips!”

Sunday – day 28
B: scrambled eggs, sautéed spinach, avocado
S: banana at the playground
L: salmon veracruzana
D: sopa de pollo with avocado – best soup I’ve made all month!

Monday – day 29 – I still like eggs!
B: 2 turkey sausage links, 2 eggs, sautéed spinach, avocado
S: banana, almonds, red pepper with guacamole
L: the end of the salmon veracruzana
D: stir fry of cube steak (it was the only beef in the house!), shiitakes, bell pepper, cauliflower, green beans, sauce thickened with arrowroot – my first time cooking with arrowroot! I made up the sauce using coconut aminos, fish sauce, sesame oil, chili flakes, rice vinegar… mostly just splashed things in that seemed appropriate. Not sure I could recreate it, but it sure was tasty!

Today – day 30 (!!!)
B: 2 fried eggs, 2 pieces crispy chicken skin, the last turkey sausage link, sautéed spinach, olives, avocado
S: half a bell pepper, guac, blackberries, cashews, 3 slices applegate roast beef
L: will be more sopa de pollo with avocado
D: will be NNP tuna cakes with salad


I really can’t believe today is day 30. I feel like this week I’ve just hit my stride! I don’t know if I wanna call it tiger blood, but I do feel really good. Tomorrow I start reintroduction, which I guess I’m looking forward to? I’ll start with dairy – a little bit of cheese in my eggs, a latte on the way to work, maybe some yogurt with lunch but definitely yogurt (raita!) with dinner. A couple days later I’ll either do beans or non-gluten grains, then the other, and gluten will be last, I think. We’ll see how it goes, but I’m hopeful I can still be an “everything in moderation” kinda gal. These last 30 days have certainly taught me to be creative, and I hope the habit of filling my plate with vegetables sticks. I’m looking forward to vegetarian meals, though, so I’m anxious to get back to beans and tofu.

No comments:

Post a Comment