Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Checking In

Hi, friends. I'm having computer problems, and all my recent food photos are trapped! When I try to upload them to Flickr, my machine freezes! Eep! Which is why I haven't been here in a while. I'm working on backing everything up before I break down and get a new computer or bring the current one in for repairs, but I wanted to check in here and let you know I haven't fallen off the face of the planet.

While I have your attention, can I point you in the direction of some recipes I've been intrigued by lately? I don't usually post links this directly, but hey, there's a first time for everything.

I make Jim Lahey's no-knead bread fairly regularly, but I must have missed it when the New York Times published a version using whole wheat flour. (via Seven Spoons)

Homemade pop tarts on Macheesmo. I saw this recipe in Bon Appetit, and with Nick's seal of approval I think I know what I'm doing with some of the many pints of jam I made last summer.

Well, pop tarts or this delicious jam tart on Smitten Kitchen. It's from David Lebovitz's new book, which I am soooo adding to my wishlist.

Lest you think I only dream of baked goods, I want to tell you I made chili from moose meat on Sunday. (My parents live in Maine, and they have generous friends who hunt.) I based it loosely on my friend Kristen's recipe, but made a smaller batch.

So what's new with you guys? What recipes have you seen lately that you're just dying to try? Have you ever cooked with moose?

No comments:

Post a Comment