Thursday, February 11, 2016

Whole 30 Day 11

I've been logging my Whole 30 on the whole30.com forums, but I thought I should move it over here since this is where I usually write. I'm at the half way point now, and I'll keep posting in both places, I think. I'm back dating the previous posts so they make a little more sense. –ACB 2/16/16

Good morning day 11! 

Last night's dinner was some random piece of beef I cooked with the lamb we had the night before, so basically the exact same meal. Not very inspired and therefore not very good. Kiddo liked it, so that's cool, but I was bored. I did a ton of cooking after baby bedtime though: 

NNP's spicy tuna cakes (will eat for dinner tonight!) 
blanched 2lbs green beans
roasted the broccoli we got in our CSA (about a sheet pan worth)
roasted the 3 small beets we got in or CSA and peeled them
made my first batch of sunshine sauce - holy cannoli it is sooooo gooood
improvised a soup - sauteed an onion and a carrot in ghee, added about 3 cups of roasted turnips because i had a ton of roasted turnips, added a big scoop of the ginger paste i get at the asian market, and a quart of chicken broth. Simmer simmer simmer, buzzed it with the immersion blender and added coconut milk, lime juice and salt. It's delicious! 

So far today I've had breakfast and first lunch. Breakfast was some of that soup with a chicken sausage and an egg cooked and added on top. Super yum and I'm glad to have had some variety. Husband was like "you're having soup.... for breakfast?" YES. And it's good.  :P

My first lunch coincided with staff coffee/snack hour at work, as it does every Thursday. I brought in my plate of food and was glad for it - my snack was better than theirs! I had a scoop of chicken salad (homemade mayo, dried apricots, cashews, cilantro), half an orange pepper, almond butter and a berry medley I bought at whole foods on the way to work this morning. Totally overpriced ($5, oy) but a worth-it indulgence because it was delicious.

I really am eating more fruit and vegetables than ever before this month!

No comments:

Post a Comment