Monday, February 8, 2016

Whole 30 day 8

I've been logging my Whole 30 on the whole30.com forums, but I thought I should move it over here since this is where I usually write. I'm at the half way point now, and I'll keep posting in both places, I think. I'm back dating the previous posts so they make a little more sense. –ACB 2/16/16

Day 8! Starting week 2! Unbelievable. 

My snack on day 6 after dinner was three slices of prosciutto, each wrapped around a little bundle of arugula, and I dressed the plate with evoo and lemon juice and black pepper. It was AWESOME and just what I needed. 

Day 7 breakfast was a broccoli and prosciutto omelet and 3/4 of an avocado. My crazy kiddo ate a big part of my omelet! So I was hungry a few hours later, but we had eaten breakfast so much later than usual, that meant it was already lunch time! I knew I would be cooking a lot of the afternoon so lunch was four lettuce leaves filled with leftover taco meat. Definitely not enough for a regular day, but I was prepping for the week and making snacks for watching the Super Bowl, and I noshed on bits and pieces as I cooked. 

Dinner was the super bowl viewing party downstairs at my sister's place (we live in the same house but in two different apartments). I had buffalo wings (I gave her ghee so she could toss the wings with that and Frank's and keep 'em compliant), guacamole with raw veggies for dipping, sausage and spinach stuffed mushrooms, and prosciutto wrapped almond stuffed dates. I made the mushrooms and the dates, and I could not stop eating the dates! I think they were the first sweet thing I've had in a week - I've been eating fruit but these were reeeeally sweet - and it was hard to stop. I eventually switched seats with my husband because I needed the distance from the plate! 

This morning, day 8, I ate some of the food from yesterday: I made an egg back with the end of the taco meat, some leftover sweet potato cubes, a roasted red pepper, basil, and the stems of the mushrooms I stuffed which I chopped and sauteed in ghee, filled with 10 eggs. So I had about 2.5 eggs + meat and veggies and also ate half an avocado. I didn't want my morning snack till 11:15, at which point I decided to just wait until lunch at noon! I can hardly believe it. Lunch was the last pork chop from Friday night with the coconut collards and carrots side, plus a banana and some almond butter. I'm feeling shy on veggies for the day, but dinner is thai green curry with halibut, zucchini and yellow pepper. I hope it's good because I don't have a spiralizer but I did julienne five zucchinis! 

No comments:

Post a Comment