Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Whole 30 day 2

I've been logging my Whole 30 on the whole30.com forums, but I thought I should move it over here since this is where I usually write. I'm at the half way point now, and I'll keep posting in both places, I think. I'm back dating the previous posts so they make a little more sense. –ACB 2/16/16

Last night's dinner was pretty good. NNP's cracklin' chicken is delicious but really messy to make! not sure I'll use that much ghee next time as the chicken gives off a lot of fat. Also an underseasoned beet salad with pistachios and cilantro and coconut aminos and lime juice, and overseasoned sauteed bok choy with garlic and ginger and fish sauce. Leftovers for lunch today, hopefully the bok choy and beets will continue to even each other out! 

Breakfast this morning was 3 eggs, a chicken apple sausage and a big handful of spinach. It seemed like a huge amount of food and I planned to share with my toddler. She definitely ate a bunch of the eggs and sausage, so I think I probably had 2.5 eggs and 3/4 of a sausage, and all the spinach because homegirl does not do green food (argh). I feel like that should still be enough , but I feel somewhat hungrier today. Fewer carbs on the plate than yesterday because I skipped the sweet potato, maybe? It's almost 10:30 and that's when I'll have my mini meal. 

So I was expecting a terrible headache and hangover feeling this morning but it hasn't hit me yet. I did have sort of a weird walk to work this morning (about 3 miles, takes me just over an hour because I have to stop and drop kiddo at daycare along the way). I pass by so many places where I used to stop 1-2 times a week for coffee or a treat, and I kept thinking "oh i'll just grab one of those croissants for when I get to work" or "mmm, a soy latte sounds good" and then remembering that those were out for the month. It wasn't like an active craving, just a passing thought. Yesterday afternoon when a coworker offered me a cupcake it was shockingly easy to say no, but when I walked by a bowl of hershey kisses on someone's desk I had to stop myself from grabbing a few. Makes me think I've been really casual and cavalier about food choices lately and I'm looking forward to continued mindfullness this month!

No comments:

Post a Comment