Monday, December 10, 2012

Carbs in Carbs

Pierogis for dinner, sides of sauerkraut and braised collards. Aww yeah.

Last night's dinner. Peirogies, that is, mashed potato inside pasta. From this recipe, served with sauerkraut* and CSA collards, which I braised in leftover corned beef cooking liquid. Just right for yesterday's gray skies.

*We have rather a lot of 'kraut kicking around from the fermentation class I taught last week. I sent plenty home with students but I find myself with nearly half a gallon of the stuff. As it is not hot dog season, I'm at a bit of a loss as to what to do with it all. Suggestions? Soup recipes? Help me out, friends.

2 comments:

  1. Yum! How about Reuben Bread?
    http://pinterest.com/pin/41025046577310307/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw your title on someone else’s sidebar and had to follow my internet nose over here. The recipe looks easy, this may be my cheat food this weekend! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete