Saturday, April 12, 2008

About Hungry Bruno

Hungry Bruno is written by me, Adrienne. Bruno is my last name; Hungry is my state of being. And by that I mean I'm hungry for adventures in the kitchen-which is an admittedly cheesy but apt turn of phrase-and also that I eat a lot of snacks.

The physical Hungry Bruno Kitchen has been located in three (count 'em THREE!) suburbs of Boston since its inception in the spring of 2008. The first was a large, bright space in Brighton with an electric range, an Ikea kitchen island, and three roommates. The second was an eensy-weensy-teeny little spot in Southie with one roommate, almost no counter space, and a door leading up to a roof deck with a killer view of the city. Its current incarnation is an enormous (well, Boston apartment enormous) room in Somerville with elephant-gray tiles halfway up the walls, more cabinets than I know how to handle, and one roommate aka boyfriend fiance (!), Adam, who only occasionally lets me help wash dishes.

So, about the food. The recipes on Hungry Bruno are vegetable-heavy, because that's how I eat - mostly veggies, not a ton of meat, though it does show up here on occasion. We like to make things from scratch here, and I am a little terrified of non-food items masquerading as actual-food foods. I try to shop at the farmers' markets while they're open (which in Boston means early June - Thanksgiving). I like dessert, but I like dinner better. You will not see watermelon on this blog (shudder). Things I like very much include apples, cheese, fried eggs with hot sauce, hummus, and leafy greens.

Other points of interest:

Index of Recipes. Organized by category

My Flickr stream. Sneak peeks of upcoming deliciousness (while we're on the topic, please don't steal my photographs - send an email and ask me first if you want to use them)

My Twitter stream. Follow @hungrybruno if you're into daily minutiae

Links. Looking for something else to read? Here's my google reader list in handy linky format.

Email. Send love notes, party invitations, and questions to talktohungry AT gmail DOT com

Oh, and finally - thank you for asking but I don't want to review your product, especially if it's a four calorie cookie or protein water. (WTF is IN that stuff?) No need to send it over because I won't talk about it here.