Thursday, April 17, 2008

Have we passed the peak hot cereal season?

The other day before I left for work, Court was making some oatmeal in the microwave that smelled so good I could hardly stand it. I still don't know which one that was, but in a later discussion she mentioned that Kashi makes some good oatmeals as well. [For the record we are talking about instant oatmeals. I leave too ding dang early to make *real* oatmeal in the morning... in fact I usually have breakfast at work.]

Anyway, the other day at Whole Foods I bought Kashi GO LEAN Instant Hot Cereal. I just tried it for the first time and I must say I am not impressed. I definitely added too much water, but I also added raisins, and those were the best part. I realize that it's not oatmeal if it has 7 grains and not just oats, but it really just tastes like dusty "health food." I like health and I like food, but I think you know what I mean. I'll probably bring the box to work and keep it as a backup breakfast for those crazy busy days, and I'll use less water next time. Maybe then I'll like it.

1 comment:

  1. have you tried the kashi oatmeal yet? i'm still not sure if it was the hot cereal or the oatmeal that i really liked. i don't know; perhaps, i like them both.

    ReplyDelete