Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Hello, spring?

Today I had a half day from work so I got to peace out at 1 (yessss) but didn't have anywhere to be until 3:30! We've had hints of spring in the air lately and today was no exception - I wandered to Downtown Crossing and into DSW (strike one) and then across the park (so. many. cute. dogs.) and down Boylston to Filene's Basement (which is on the second floor, go figure)

Here is something about me: I'm a terrible shopper. I get overwhelmed easily, so I have to be in the perfect mood to shop in stores of this nature, what with their willy nilly sales racks and crazy bargain hunting grandmas. Today I was in the right frame of mind, and I tried a LOT of stuff on... and then I left with one Red Sox cap and one athletic type zippy jacket thingy. I went to Marshalls (strike two) and to Borders where I resisted a number of books, but I'm not going to call that a strike, because good for me!

Aside: why do I feel guilty buying myself books? Maybe because I'm moving in July and don't want to carry them...?

Ok, but strike three came at my local Whole Foods when they were out of stock of the Fage 2% with honey that I just noticed I really like. Sad. Instead I went home and ate half a bag of WF Soy Crispettes which is fine because they're made of soy, so they must be good for me. I also made sure to break them in half so the calories would fall out. Right.

I eventually scrounged up some leftovers for dinner in front of American Idol (Yay David Cook! Boo Kristy Lee Cook!) and I have to stop using the word scrounge. Monday night I made a cous-cous based version of this recipe from Heidi at 101 cookbooks. I think the reason I like her so much is that she puts together things I wouldn't have considered. Asparagus + walnuts + hard boiled eggs = yum? Who knew? I had some Han's All Natural chicken sausage in the fridge that I sauteed up and added to the mix, and it was a very satisfying dinner. I have the same for lunch today, yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment