Sunday, November 4, 2012

Deep Dish

271: Deep Dish

So I made a ridiculous deep dish pizza for dinner tonight. And now I'm in something of a pizza coma. So. much. gooeyness. I'm all for a thin crust, Neapolitan style, artisan pie (in fact, I usually do thin crust when it's homemade pizza night), but deep dish is like comfort food made pizza. Probably because it's a cheesy bread bomb and hits all the right buttons. I'm not going to share the recipe here because I followed Nick's instructions pretty much exactly (by way of CI).

Two notes, though: my sauce took twice as long to thicken up and it was still a little liquidy. Don't be like me, simmer your sauce until there's no standing liquid left or it'll sog your pizza a bit. Also, if you use a spring form pan (it was the only 9" pan I had), it's ok to take the sides off after cooking if you want, but you'll have to put them back on to contain the gooeyness once you're ready to cut into the pizza.

Happy Sunday, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment